Depositing funds in a FLEX account automatically renders me subject to the following terms and conditions:
I authorize VSU to deposit my excess money, which may include excess Title IV money, cash, check, debit or credit cards funds directly into my VSU 1Card FLEX account.
I acknowledge that any insufficient or denied funds designated for deposit (ex: financial aid that does not materialize, a returned or denied check, a denied credit card) will result in the suspension of my FLEX account, a hold on my student account, cancellation of my classes and I must repay VSU for any goods or services received.
I acknowledge there is a deadline for depositing financial aid into a FLEX account each semester and at specific date I may begin spending financial aid placed into my FLEX account. These dates are determined by VSU 1Card Services and it is my responsibility to verify these dates published on their web page or by contacting VSU 1Card Services.
I acknowledge that any purchases are the responsibility of the point of sale location. Please contact the VSU Bookstore regarding their online purchasing policies at 229-333-5666.
I acknowledge there are NO cash refunds.
I acknowledge I am allowed one (1) refund per semester by completing the Refund Request Form online, however it will not be processed until eleven (11) business days after the first day of classes.
I acknowledge the minimum amount I may be refunded is $25.00.
I acknowledge that if my VSU student account indicates a deficit for whatever reason, that debt may be paid by FLEX account funds being transferred into my VSU student account, thereby reducing my available FLEX balance.
I acknowledge all FLEX account balances over $24.99 will automatically be refunded to my VSU student account at the end of each Spring semester unless I designate otherwise via the Roll-Over Form on VSU 1Card Services website by the deadline.
If my FLEX account is inactive for a period of twelve (12) months the remaining balance shall be forfeited without prior notice.
Information regarding a FLEX account may not be released to anyone outside of VSU without a Release Form completed in person by the student and on file with the Registrar's Office.
I understand that future changes in terms and conditions regulating the use of the VSU 1Card and accounts thereon will apply to all cards in circulation and in use at that time and will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired.
Ways to Add Money to Your FLEX Account
- You can add funds to your FLEX account online by using the Online Card Office. All major credit cards accepted, except American Express.
- You can add money at the VSU 1Card Services office by cash or check.
- You can also add cash money to your FLEX card by visiting one of the Value Transfer Stations located in the mail room at Hopper Residence Hall or outside the Langdale Market at Langdale Residence Hall.
FLEX ACCOUNT FACTS
- Valdosta State University offers a campus debit account known as the FLEX account.
- The FLEX account is separate from your Banner student account, which is managed by Student Financial Services/Bursary.
- It is also separate from the Dining/Meal Plan accounts.
- The VSU 1Card and it's accounts/privileges may only be used by the cardholder whose name, photo and ID number appear on the card.
- FLEX deposits are not automatic. If you wish to utilize excess financial aid through a FLEX account, you must do so by logging into your Banner student account and transferring funds yourself.
- All credit card deposits must be made online.
- If you attempt to make a FLEX deposit and have insufficient funds in your student account, have a returned check or a denied credit card a hold will be placed on your student account. This may result in dropped classes and you will be held responsible for repayment of any goods or services received.
- Contact the VSU Bookstore at 229-333-5666 for questions regarding their use of the VSU 1Card FLEX account.
Instructions for Transferring Funds to FLEX
- How to transfer funds
- Access your BannerWeb account
- Select "Student Services and Financial Aid"
- Select "Registration"
- Click on "Select Flex Account Amount"
- Enter amount to transfer
- Check the dates you may deposit excess financial aid to FLEX as these dates change each semester.
- Subtract matriculation and all other fees from the financial aid awarded to you. This should determine whether or not you have any excess funds.
- Any class or fee changes will affect the results. (Matriculation, meal plans, housing, parking decals/fines, lab fees, etc. are automatically deducted first with no exceptions.)
- If you do not have excess funds in your student account please do not attempt to add funds to your FLEX account. You will have to deposit funds into FLEX with a credit card, check or cash. Trying to move funds that are not available will result in a hold on your student account and possibly dropped classes.
- If you do have excess funds in your student account, designate the desired available amount and follow the instructions in Banner.
- Wait approximately 30 minutes for your funds to be available for use. Delays are normal during the first week of each semester.
- Confirmations of FLEX account funds, account balance inquiries, transaction history and card suspension must be done through our Online Card Office or in person.
Important FLEX Dates for Fall 2015
- Fall students: August 12, 2015- August 26, 2015