Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat testing programs are available at Valdosta State University?
The Office of Testing administers undergraduate, graduate, and professional exams to students and professionals at Valdosta State and in the surrounding area.
How can I find when a test is being administered at Valdosta State University?
You can contact the Office of Testing at 229-245-3878 about test dates, or individual testing by appointment. Also, most testing dates can be found on the Valdosta State University testing calendar.
Which testing programs are given on an appointment basis at Valdosta State University?
CLEP, COMPASS, eCore, Georgia Constitution Exemption, Georgia History Exemption, Independent Study, and MAT exams are offered by appointment. To schedule an appointment contact the Office of Testing at (229) 245-3878. Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes early and bring a valid photo ID.
What study guides are available to check out and how long may I keep them?
The Office of Testing will check out the the following study guides to students and potential students for two weeks:
- Kaplan ACT Study Guide (2011 ed.)
- Learning Express ACE Prep In A Flash
- ACT Official COMPASS/ESL Study Guide
- College Board CLEP Official Study Guide (2009 ed.)
- Georgia Legislative Exemption Exams:
- Georgia State Politics, by Allen, Pufong, & Kaswell (4th, 5th, & 6th eds.)
- Georgia History In Outline, by Coleman (Revised ed.)
- Princeton Review GMAT (2012 & 2013 eds.)
- Princeton Review GRE (2012 ed.)
- LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible (2012 ed.)
- Official LSAC LSAT Prep Tests (2011 ed.)
- Master the LSAT (2010 ed.)
- Kaplan MAT (2009-2010 ed. & 5th ed.)
- Official SAT Study Guide
What forms of payment does the Office of Testing accept?
We accept Cash (exact amount), Check, Credit Card, or Money Order.
Are fee waivers available? If so, for what exams?
Please refer to our webpage concerning fee waivers.
How can I request more information about a testing program?
Please contact our office at (229) 245-3878 or https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/services/testing/forms/contact-us.php.
Where is the Office of Testing located?
Powell Hall-East, Room 1131. For more information on locating our office please visit http://www.valdosta.edu/academics/services/testing/driving-directions.php.