Admission and Eligibility
We welcome your application to the Honors College. Students applying to the Honors College benefit from many opportunities including:
- Priority registration
- Seminar and Interdisciplinary courses and activities
- Undergraduate research and experiential learning
- Honors housing in Reade Hall
- Study abroad and exchange with international partners
- Honors scholarship and stipends
Incoming freshman must meet the following requirements for admission into the Honors College:
- SAT score of 1130 (Verbal and Quantitative) or ACT composite score of 25 or higher
- High School GPA of 3.2 in college preparatory classes
- Writing sample of past academic achievement and /or honors activities
Current students may apply to the Honors College after completing 15 hours with a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Transfer students must also have a 3.2 GPA and also submit a letter of recommendation from a previous instructor/professor.
Applications will be accepted until August 1st for the Fall enrollment and December 15th for the Spring enrollment. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of acceptance into the Honors College. Applicants will be contacted for official acceptance after a review of the application criteria