Mentor Teacher Site
Thank you for your interest in mentoring a Dewar College of Education and Human Services teacher candidate. We recognize the critical role our mentors play in the preparation of this future educator. The Office of Clinical Experiences and Certification (CEC Office) works in collaboration with each department as well as our various school partners to ensure that the mentor teachers selected meet the necessary requirements for participation in this important role. All interested teachers are required to submit a Mentor Teacher Qualification Form and meet all criteria for selection.
In making sure that our mentoring process is clear, the following documents have been developed to assist all mentors in effectively supporting and mentoring their teacher candidate. If you have questions or need additional information, please ask the university supervisor assigned to your university student.
- Mentor Handbook
- Clinical Practice Handbook
- Supervisor Handbook
- Important Dates for Fall 2015
- CAPS - Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards - User Guide
- CAPS - Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards - Form
- COE Observation Instrument (COMD Students Only)
- COE Observation Instrument Instructions (COMD Students Only)
- COMD Instructions
- Mentor Evaluations and forms
- Mentor Teacher Qualification Form
- Criteria for Mentor Selection
- edTPA Support for Mentor Teachers