Mentor Teacher Site
Thank you for your interest in mentoring a Dewar College of Education and Human Services teacher candidate. We recognize the critical role our mentors play in the preparation of this future educator. The Office of Field Experiences and Clinical Practice (FECP Office) works in collaboration with each department as well as our various school partners to ensure that the mentor teachers selected meet the necessary requirements for participation in this important role. All interested teachers are required to submit a Mentor Teacher Application and meet all criteria for selection.
In making sure that our mentoring process is clear, the following documents have been developed to assist all mentors in effectively supporting and mentoring their teacher candidate. If you have questions or need additional information, please ask the university supervisor assigned or email Ms. Jamie Bird, Director of Field Experiences and Clinical Practice.
- Mentor Handbook
- Clinical Practice Handbook
- Supervisor Handbook
- Important Dates for Spring 2015
- CAPS - Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards - User Guide
- CAPS - Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards - Form
- COMD Directions for Observation Instrument
- Mentor Evaluations and forms
- Mentor Teacher Application
- Criteria for Mentor Selection
- edTPA Support for Mentor Teachers
(For dead links or website issues, contact Elizabeth Omiteru at email@example.com.)