Nevins Hall, Room 1004 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Master of Science in Criminal Justice Outcomes
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Develop an understanding of major criminological theories, their strengths and weaknesses, their role in explaining crime and delinquency, and their role in informing public policy.
- To develop a familiarity with the structure and function of systems of criminal justice in the United States and in other countries.
- To develop the use and application of scientific research methods to the study of crime as well as to solving crimes.
- Integrate criminal justice theory and research findings with criminal justice practice.
- To develop an understanding of the development of contemporary criminal justice issue in modern societies and how such issues may be informed by systematic research and analysis.