Valdosta State University accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis. Upon receipt of all required documents, the student is most often notified of an admissions decision within 7-10 business days.
To apply as an International Student please complete an application.
Please note: If applying through GA College 411 you can pay through their website or
If you are submitting an application via email you may pay the fee through the Admissions Marketplace.
Applications without fees will not be processed.
Valdosta State encourages applications from international students. At VSU, international students are defined as citizens of countries other than the United States, who require a visa in order to enter this country. To be considered for admission, international students must submit the following materials to:
The Center of International Programs
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Certified copies of all secondary school and college transcripts, as records of past academic work. Certified copies in English of these transcripts must be sent directly from the educational institutions to the Office of Admissions.
- Proof of having completed ESL Language Centers' Level 112 or official results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if the applicant's first language is other than English. A minimum score of 523 on the TOEFL (193 on the computer version, 69 on the Internet version) or IELTS minimum score of 6.0 is required for admission. Completion of Level 6 at VSU’s English Language Institute with a B Average or better will also meet language requirements. For more information, including how to apply visit The VSU English Language Institute website.
- A completed Certificate of Finances statement guaranteeing that the student will have a minimum of $32,117.00 (for nine months) available for personal and educational expenses. The Certificate of Finances statement form is available from the Office of Admissions. Partial out-of-state tuition-waiver scholarships are available for international students on a limited basis. Please inquire at the Center for International Programs.
- Completed medical form. VSU requires that prior to registration all students present proof of two vaccines for measles and on for mumps and rubella; a tetanus booster within the last ten years; proof of disease or immunization for varicella (chicken pox); and, if under the age of 19 at time of enrollment, proof of hepatitis B series immunization. A doctor or nurse must verify these immunizations. New students must complete a VSU medical form, which will be mailed to students after application for admission is submitted.
- All international students must purchase the VSU medical insurance plan for students to cover the cost of medical treatment while in the United States.
- All transcripts from international colleges and universities must be submitted to a professional evaluation service in the United States. Applications for these services are available through the Office of Admissions.
The deadlines for receipt of international applications and all of the above required materials are:
April 1 for Fall Semester
Aug. 1 for Spring Semester
Feb. 1 for Summer Semester
Once these materials are received, the Admissions Office will evaluate the international applicant's credentials and make an admissions decision. The applicant will be notified of the University's decision and , if admitted, will be issued an I-20 certificate of eligibility. This form must be taken to the nearest U.S. Embassy or consular office, which will issue a visa for entry to the United States.