Valdosta State University accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis. Upon receipt of all required documents, the student is most often notified of an admissions decision within 7-10 business days.
If you have completed your high school program through home school, you may be considered for admission if you meet criteria established by the University System of Georgia and VSU. The following items must be submitted with your application for admission in order to be evaluated. Your application packet should be submitted at least six months prior to your desired term of enrollment.
Certificate of Immunization
- Official SAT or ACT scores:
- A minimum total SAT score of 1050 with 440 verbal/410 math or a composite
- ACT score of 23 with 18 English/17math is required for admission.
- Official transcripts from any conventional public or private high school and colleges you may have attended.
- Copy of Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with your local Board of Education.
- A portfolio that demonstrates satisfactory completion of the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) required for admission of traditional high school graduates. This portfolio must include information about each individual course used to satisfy CPC requirements and must include a list of educational resources used, course outline or syllabus, and appropriate outcomes assessment. Also include any extracurricular activities and/or academic achievements that support your academic preparedness for college.
- Letter from your primary teacher certifying completion of high school and a date of graduation.
- Two letters of recommendation for admission from non-family members such as an employer, clergy, civic leader, or tutor.