University Assessment Committee
To foster an environment of continuous improvement in student learning and provision of services to the VSU community through the use of active, ongoing, and constructive assessments.
The University Assessment Committee (UAC) is an executive body created to foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement in both academic and administrative areas. It reports to the President and Vice Presidents on assessment processes occurring campus-wide and collects data from and reviews assessment programs of all units of the university. Its membership consists of representatives from each college and each senior administrative division with members serving serve 3-year terms. For a list of current members, click here.
In its Principles of Accreditation (2012 edition), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) has several requirements and standards that focus on institutional effectiveness. In essence, Valdosta State University must prove it complies with these standards through “systematic, ongoing, integrated, research-based reviews that result in continuous improvement” institution-wide. A summary of institutional effectiveness principles is available here.
The below templates are provided to assist in the preparation of institutional effectiveness reports and plans. Every educational program, administrative support unit, academic support unit, research unit, and community/public service unit must prepare and complete these reports annually.
Report and Plan
Institutional Effectiveness Templates:
Annually by September 30 for each program/unit to the College or Division's Assessment Committee for first level review. Then by October 31 to the University Assessment Committee for second level review.
IEP and IER Preparation Resources:
- Training, collecting, and reviewing Institutional Effectiveness Reports and Plans.
- The University of Central Florida has produced very helpful rubrics to prepare and evaluate your Institutional Effectiveness Plan and Institutional Effectiveness Report. These are simply guides that may help.
- Email assessment [at] valdosta.edu to setup an independent consultation.
Departments or programs needing copies of prior IEP/IER submissions should contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness at assessment [at] valdosta.edu or access them through LiveText (password protected).
Digital Measures Training Classes 2015-2016
- September 17, 2015 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- October 9, 2015 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- November 9, 2015 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- January 25, 2016 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- February 25, 2016 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- March 29, 2016 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- April 20, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Register through Employee and Organizational Development's Training system. Click “Register” link to add class.