Room Reservation Policy
Rooms in Odum Library may only be reserved by VSU Staff, Faculty, or Student Organizations that are currently in 'Good Standing' with the Student Government Association. The following guidelines apply to all room reservation requests:
- All Requests must be submitted at least one full business day in advance. A business day for Odum Library is defined as 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Friday.
- For example, if you want a room on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM, the request must be submitted prior to 5:00 PM on Thursday.
- Requests for the same day will not be processed.
- Requests can be submitted up to two weeks before the date being requested.
- If you want to request a room on March 12th, the request can be submitted as early as March 2nd.
- When finished with your meeting, please ensure that all waste is properly disposed of in the proper receptacles. All technology, including the projector and the lights, is to be turned off with the door securely closed behind you as you exit the assigned meeting room.
- Student Organizations will be assigned Odum Library Room 1480, the first-floor room, if it is available for the time and date being requested. If Room 1480 is not available, the Student Organization will be assigned to Room 3609, the third-floor meeting room, this will happen automatically to ensure as many organizations can use Odum Library rooms as possible.
- Faculty and Staff may request one of the Odum Library computer classrooms (2633 and 3270) in addition to meetings rooms 1470 and 1480. Each of these computer labs can hold up to 60 students and come equipped with projectors and SMART-enabled teacher's workstation.
Request Library Space as Available by Reservation
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun 12 pm - 2 am * Mon-Thu 8 am - 2 am * Fri 8 am - 9 pm Sat 12 pm - 8 pm