VSU Courses in GoVIEW
GoVIEW is the University System of Georgia collaborative online course system, and is a complement to BlazeVIEW, the online course system at Valdosta State University. Since GoVIEW is operated as a collaborative, you may be enrolled in course sections along with students from other institutions in the University System of Georgia. As an online student at VSU, you may be taking some online courses that are hosted on GoVIEW, and others that are hosted on BlazeVIEW depending on your online degree major and your level of progress in the program.
If you have never logged into GoVIEW or if you just want more information, visit:
- GoVIEW student resources includes login (username/password) information, GoVIEW resources and online success guides.
- GoVIEW faculty resources includes login (username/password) information and GoVIEW resources.
Regularly scheduled GoVIEW maintenance is the first and third Fridays of the month from 10pm Friday until 7am Saturday. The system will be offline and unavailable for use during that time.
New GoVIEW Password Security - Effective 9/1/16:
- Password expire every 180 days
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long
- The previous 4 passwords cannot be reused
- Password cannot contain username, first name, middle name, last name, or org defined id
- Password must contain characters from at least 2 of the following categories
- Lowercase letters from European languages
- Uppercase letters from European languages
- Base 10 digits
- Non-alphanumeric characters, such as: !, @, #, $, etc
Once the configuration change is made on Sept. 1, you will be prompted to change your password 180 days from your last password change. You will receive a password reset reminder to your email of record 10 days in advance of the password change date.
Blackboard Collaborate has replaced Wimba as the GoVIEW web conferencing platform. Please refer to the Blackboard web conferencing guide, the Blackboard Support Portal, contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support or call the toll-free number: 1-877-382-2293 for additional information.
If you would like one-on-one assistance, please schedule an appointment with an eLearning staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
Brightspace by D2L has released a new version; 10.5.4? This upgrade includes feature improvements and fixes to GoVIEW's usability. This in-place upgrade does NOT require any course content migration, so faculty can continue preparing for Spring, 2016 classes as they typically would. "What's New" workshops are being offered.
Beginning in Spring 2016, GoVIEW will be on continuous delivery. Continuous delivery means every third Friday GoVIEW will be updated to the latest version of Brightspace by D2L. For the latest update or to catch up on any updates you might have missed, please visit our Monthly What's New website page.
Brightspace by D2L Help Center
Brightspace by D2L also has a Help Center that is available to students and faculty 24/7, 365 days a year for technical support.