VSU Courses in GoVIEW
GoVIEW is the University System of Georgia collaborative online course system, and is a complement to BlazeVIEW, the online course system at Valdosta State University. Since GoVIEW is operated as a collaborative, you may be enrolled in course sections along with students from other institutions in the University System of Georgia. As an online student at VSU, you may be taking some online courses that are hosted on GoVIEW, and others that are hosted on BlazeVIEW depending on your online degree major and your level of progress in the program.
Regularly scheduled GoVIEW maintenance is the first and third Fridays of the month from 10pm Friday until 7am Saturday. The system will be offline and unavailable for use during that time.
New GoVIEW Password Security - Effective 9/1/16:
- Password expire every 180 days
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long
- The previous 4 passwords cannot be reused
- Password cannot contain username, first name, middle name, last name, or org defined id
- Password must contain characters from at least 2 of the following categories
- Lowercase letters from European languages
- Uppercase letters from European languages
- Base 10 digits
- Non-alphanumeric characters, such as: !, @, #, $, etc
Once the configuration change is made on Sept. 1, you will be prompted to change your password 180 days from your last password change. You will receive a password reset reminder to your email of record 10 days in advance of the password change date.
Login to GoVIEW
- From MyVSU (available from most of the VSU webpages in the top-right) search for GoVIEW using the cog/search icon if not automatically available, or from our VSU Courses in GoVIEW webpage, click the Login to GoVIEW button to go directly to the GoVIEW login page.
- Your GoVIEW username, if you are taking VSU online, eCore course, is the first part of your VSU e-mail address (before @valdosta.edu), followed by _vsu. Example: Jane A. Smith's email address is: email@example.com; her GoVIEW username is janesmith_vsu, John A. Doe's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org; his GoVIEW username is: jadoe_vsu. If you are taking European Union (EU) courses your login will your first name_last name_vsu. Example: John Doe's would be john_doe_vsu.
- Use the ‘Forgot Password’ option to have a password reset e-mail sent to your institution e-mail address*, and then once you have reset your password, you can login to GoVIEW.
- Please remember you will not have access to your courses until the first day of class, and your course access will end approximately 60 days after the end of the course. Be sure to download and save any information you may need later before your course access ends.
Blackboard Collaborate has replaced Wimba as the GoVIEW web conferencing platform. Please refer to the Blackboard web conferencing guide, the Blackboard Support Portal, contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support or call the toll-free number: 1-877-382-2293 for additional information.
If you would like one-on-one assistance, please schedule an appointment with an eLearning staff member by emailing email@example.com.
Within your My Courses area you should see a self-paced tutorial course:
For Instructors: VSU D2L Brightspace Instructor Tutorial CO. Use this area to become familiar with VSU GoVIEW Support (Center for eLearning and IT Helpdesk) and building and facilitating GoVIEW courses.
Training and workshops are being offered.
For the latest update or to catch up on any updates you might have missed, please visit our What's New with D2L? page.
Brightspace by D2L Help Center
Brightspace by D2L also has a Help Center that is available to students and faculty 24/7, 365 days a year for technical support.