Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if I get the message that my account has been deactivated?
- How do I change display settings on my PC ?
- Why do I get the Banner login screen twice?
- I am using Internet Explorer 6 Beta and the Banner login appears blank, what should I do?
- Who is Dr. Watson and why am I getting his error!?
- Where can I learn more about the Banner system?
- Where can I access an academic calendar with registration dates etc?
- How can I export my CLASS LIST from Banner into EXCEL?
IF you are accessing through the web, contact the Registrar's Office for your account to be reset.
- Click Start button on your PC and select Settings.
- From the Settings sub menu choose Control Panel.
- From Control Panel folder choose (double click) Display.
- From the Display Properties Window, choose the Settings panel from tab at the top.
- Move the two (sometimes one) indicator(s) in the display area one position to the right. This should result in a setting increase. Eg., the setting will probably change from 800/600 to something like 1024/768.
- Click OK.
- A box will appear warning you that your screen may disappear or flicker for several second and then reappear with the new settings.
- Click YES.
- When the new settings reappear a new box will also appear asking you if you would like to keep these settings.
- Click OK.
- Close your control panel window.
If you are using Netscape you may encounter a situation where you will be asked to repeat a login procedure. There are no issues concerning security in logging in twice, and the only way to alleviate this problem at this time is to use Internet Explorer when logging into Banner.
You will need to download and install Internet Explorer 5.5. Internet Explorer 5.5 is the latest supported version of IE on campus. We do not support beta versions.
A system error has occurred. Just cancel out of any dialog boxes that appear; if your session is really frozen and you can't get out of it, close the window using the X in the upper right-hand corner, or call MIS and they will cancel your session for you.
If you can reproduce the error, please report it to the MIS department.
Click here for an Academic Calendar.
- Login to Banner
- Choose Faculty Services
- Make a class list selection and choose desired term, submit CRN
- Select "class list with e-mail" (this list is tabular and pastes well into Excel)
- Dragging with the left mouse button, select only the table of student information beginning with the first letter of the first column's name and ending with the last letter of the last record. Highlighting anything else on the page will result in unwanted items in the spreadsheet.
- Right-click on the highlighted area and select "Copy" from the menu.
- Open Excel and select "Paste" from the Edit menu.
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am to 9 pm
Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm