Tips for Success
Top 12 Online Practices for Student Success
- Confirm your computer equipment meets the technical requirements.
- Become familiar with the Brightspace by D2L learning environment. Student tutorials are available within the system. Also, take note of scheduled maintenance and downtimes.
- Log into your online classes every day.
- Read your syllabus thoroughly. Contact your instructor with questions early in the term.
- Be active in the class - communicate with your peers and your instructor often.
- Stay organized, motivated and focused throughout the course. Set goals and deadlines for yourself and stick to them.
- Be sure to always keep a backup of your assignments.
- If you're having trouble, reach out for support and guidance. We're here to help.
- Identify a quiet study space that you can devote to working on your classes.
- Enlist the support of your family.
- Know that you will be reading...a lot.
- Don't procrastinate.