Learning in Retirement
Learn, have fun, and make new friends!
Learning in Retirement (LIR) is a member-led and university-sponsored organization for individuals 50 years of age and above that provides a unique opportunity for cultural growth, lifelong learning, and recreation. Members are involved in determining curriculum, recruiting new members, managing the budget, and developing social programming.
Membership is $75 per term (Fall and Spring), and entitles you to choose from among 90+ classes each term, most of which have no extra charge beyond your membership fee.
2017 Fall Kick-Off Luncheon LIR Rocks!
Tuesday, August 22 - $12 fee per person
Location: Regional Center for Continuing Education Auditorium
- 11:00 AM Business Meeting
- 11:30 AM Lunch
- 12:00 Program Begins
- RSVP by 2:30 PM, Friday, August 18 — 229-245-6484
You do not need to be an LIR member to attend.
Please note: To view the PDFs you will need to download Acrobat Reader.
- A Learning in Retirement parking permit will be mailed with your registration receipt.
- Forgot or lost your permit? Instructors will have parking permits available in their classrooms, or drop by the Regional Center for Continuing Education to pick one up.
- LIR parking permits may be used to park on campus while you are attending an LIR class or event.
- For events not offered through LIR, you must obtain a visitor’s permit from the VSU Parking and Transportation office: call 229.293.7275 for details.
Canceling a class
If you decide not to attend a class after registering - please call immediately and cancel your place in that class. If you have any questions, please call (229) 245-6484.
Interested in teaching a class for LIR? Contact Suzanne Ewing.