July 8, 2016
Communications and Media Relations Coordinator
Registration Now Open for The Happening 2016
Scenes from The Happening 2015
Area Businesses, Community Groups Have Until Aug. 12 to Reserve a Spot
VALDOSTA — Valdosta State University will host The Happening 2016 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 25, on the front lawn.
The Happening is an opportunity for students to have fun in the South Georgia outdoors while learning more about what the university and the surrounding community have to offer them.
The Happening is also an opportunity for on-campus organizations, programs, offices, and departments and off-campus businesses, religious organizations, nonprofits, and civic groups to introduce and market themselves to thousands of students, face to face, at one time, in one location.
“Exhibitors often use the event to recruit part-time and full-time employees, host games and prize drawings, and provide information about their products and services,” said Robin Vickery, director of VSU’s Office of Student Life, which sponsors The Happening each year. “Free food and giveaways are always a student favorite. We encourage all of the exhibitors to get creative.”
The 25th annual event promises to be bigger and better than The Happening 2015, which boasted well over 300 exhibitors. The information fair is always a big hit with the thousands of students enrolled at VSU.
Early registration is $25 if received before midnight Friday, Aug. 5. Late registration is $50 and runs from Saturday, Aug. 6, through 11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12. All off-campus businesses, religious organizations, nonprofits, and civic groups who wish to participate in The Happening 2016 are encouraged to register online by visiting http://www.valdosta.edu/happening. Fees may be paid online with a credit or debit card or by mail with a cashier’s check or money order.
Please note that selling, fundraising, and credit card sign-ups are not permitted during The Happening.
Contact Trisha Taylor, administrative assistant with VSU’s Office of Student Life, at (229) 333-5674 or email@example.com to learn more.
On the Web:
To register for The Happening 2016:
• Visit http://www.valdosta.edu/happening.
• Select “Business and Community Registration Info” in the left-side menu.
• Review the “Letter From VSU Student Life,” “Information for Exhibitors,” and “Event Map” links.
• Select the “To Register” link and complete the registration form. If paying by check or money order, print a copy of the completed form before selecting “Submit.”
• If paying online by credit or debit card, select the “Pay Online or by Mail” link and then select either the “Early Registration July 1 through August 5” link or the “Late Registration August 6-12” link.
• If paying my mail, send a cashier’s check or money order along with a copy of the completed online registration form to VSU Student Life-Happening, 1500 N. Patterson St., Valdosta, Georgia, 31698-0566. Cashier’s checks and money orders should be made payable to VSU Student Life, with “Happening” written on the memo line.