Did You Know?
By the Numbers
- Valdosta State has approximately 12,491 students from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories and more than 60 countries.
- Georgians comprise 89.7 percent of total enrollment, while Floridians account for two percent and international students another 2 percent.
- The undergraduate male/female ratio is 1:1.46 with 4,166 undergraduate males and 6,097 undergraduate females.
- Valdosta State was founded In 1906 by a group of local legislators and concerned civic leaders, who worked for the passage of legislation to establish a college, which was named the South Georgia State Normal College.
- In 1993 Valdosta State College became Valdosta State University, the second regional university in the University System of Georgia.
- Baseball: NCAA Division 2 National Champions 1979
- Football: NCAA Division 2 National Champions 2004, 2007, 2012
- Softball: NCAA Division 2 National Champions 2012
- Men's Tennis: NCAA Division 2 National Champions 2006, 2011