Supervisors may nominate student employees whom they feel warrant particular recognition for their performance on the job. The Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Recognition Program begins at the institutional level and moves on to regional, and, in some cases, national recognition. Each year, your region looks to supervisors at colleges across the region to nominate student employees who they feel are especially worthy of recognition based on their performance on the job.
Please complete and submit the following form. You may also include a separate letter of nomination. In your letter, please describe the accomplishments of the nominee which you feel qualify him/her to be considered for Student Employee of the Year recognition. Your letter of nomination must be limited to two pages. Nominations will be judged on the following characteristics: reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism, and the uniqueness of the student’s contribution to the employer. By including information and examples about the following areas, you will likely be touching upon the selection criteria.
• The nominee’s greatest attributes, as they relate to the job.
• How the nominee has gone above and beyond the standard work expectations.
• The quality of the nominee’s work and work style.
• The nominee’s leadership skills, initiative, and motivation.
• The impact the nominee has had on your department, campus, and community.
• The qualities of the nominee that set him/her apart from other student employees.
In order to be eligible for consideration, student employees must have worked a minimum of six months part-time (or three months full-time), during the selection period.
Nominees are not restricted to students employed through the Federal Work-Study Program. All student employees are eligible for consideration.
For your nomination to be complete, please submit the following items:
• Campus Nominee Information Form
• Campus Nomination Form
• Letter of nomination (optional)
Please note that additional materials such as a second letter of recommendation or performance evaluations will not be considered.
The information you provide may be shared with the public through press releases and other promotional opportunities.