Our Services

Assessments and Referral

One of the most important services offered by the AOD Education Office is that of assessments and evaluations. If you or anyone you know is experiencing a substance abuse problem, you can make an appointment for an assessment. This service is provided at no cost to students enrolled at VSU. Students may seek this service on their own, or may be referred by friends and/or family members. Services are also available for students who have friends or family members who are addicted to alcohol or other drugs.

Also, students who violate the VSU Alcohol and Drugs Policies in the Student Handbook may be sanctioned to complete an assessment and evaluation and/or Alcohol 101 or Marijuana 101. If it is deemed necessary by the Student Conduct Officer, Resident Hall Directors, judicial system, or substance abuse counselors, students may, also, be required to complete counseling sessions.

Help for Friend and Family

Most people in our society know when someone has a problem with alcohol or other drugs. But many don't know what to say or do to help the addicted person. The AOD Education Office can assist you in developing the tools necessary to help your friend or family member.

If you need assistance in helping an addicted person, please contact the Coordinator of Alcohol and Other Drug Education at (229) 259-5111.