Do You Have A Problem With Alcohol?
1. Do you lose time from school due to drinking or hangovers?
2. Has drinking ever affected your GPA?
3. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
4. Do you ever feel guilty about your drinking?
5. Have you ever done something drunk that you would not have done if you were sober?
6. Do you find that you wish to continue drinking after your friends say they have had enough?
7. Has anyone suggested you may have a problem with alcohol?
8. Does your drinking make you careless of your friends' welfare?
9. Do you drink alone?
10. Do you drink before a party to get a head start?
11. Have you ever had a blackout (can't remember parts of the evening)?
12. Do you drink to build self-confidence?
13. Have you ever been to a doctor or counselor because of drinking?
14. Do you drink to escape worries or troubles?
15. Have you had periods where you told yourself or others that you would cut down, but didn't?
16. Have you ever felt out of control with how much or how often you drink?
17. Do you have alcoholism in your family?
18. Have you experimented or used other drugs?
19. Do you drink consistently at a certain time of the day or week?
20. Do you hide or lie about how much or how often you drink?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, you may have a problem with alcohol. If you answered yes to more than 6, most likely you do have a problem. Please consult a physician or counselor for an assessment before the problem becomes worse.