Information and documents pertinent to advising have been moved to Academic Advising page.
Policies & Procedures
The VSU MLIS Program is governed by these policies:
- VSU Academic Conduct Code
- MLIS Guide to Ethical Conduct [pdf]
- Equal Opportunity Statement
- Sexual Harassment
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Access Office for Students with Disabilities
- MLIS Policy on Interlibrary Loan Requests for Textbooks [pdf]
- Advisor Re-assignment Request [pdf]
- Graduation Application Packet:
- Forms and full instructions are on the MLIS Academic Advising page
The MLIS Program is authorized two graduate assistantships. These assistantships are awarded on a semester by semester basis and may be renewed. A Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) performs duties as assigned by the department for 14 hours per week. The assistantships carry a modest stipend and a tuition waiver. For more information and the applications process, see the Graduate Assistantship page for the Graduate School.