- The maximum time allowed for completion of a graduate degree is seven calendar years. No work completed more than seven years prior to degree completion will be accepted toward the degree, except with special permission from the candidate’s advisor, Dean of the College of Education, and approval from the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Dropping a course is done in the official drop/add period at the beginning of a term, through the appropriate registration system, depending on whether or not you are a GOML student.
- GOML Drop/Add Procedure
- VSU Drop/Add Procedure coming soon
- Withdrawal from a course is more involved. Read the policy carefully. Note that there are different calendars and midterm dates depending on term and whether it is a GOML course.
- Policy on Withdrawing from Courses
- Before midterm, go to VSU Banner to process a withdrawal - same link as drop/add (guides coming soon).
- After midterm, call 229-333-5941 or Email the Dean of Students for the appropriate petition forms.
- Performance Expectations: Students must maintain an overall grade-point average of at least 2.5. Earning grades below a 'B' in graduate courses will result in the following consequences. Students will be dismissed from the Graduate School if they accumulate three or more academic deficiency points unless otherwise indicated by individual program policy. A grade of "C" (although it may be credited toward a degree) equals one deficiency point. A grade of 'D', 'WF', 'F', or 'U' (none of which will be credited toward a degree) equals two deficiency points.
- Request for Grade of Incomplete
- Final Course Grade Appeal
- Graduation Requirement: For graduation a student must have earned a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 in all graduate coursework attempted at VSU and a grade of 'C' or better in each course presented to meet degree requirements.
- Copyright and Plagiarism: Faculty are more and more diligent in "prosecuting" cases of suspected plagiarism. In some cases, special software may be used for detection.
- Plagiarism Policy of the College of Education
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Plagiarism Concern Form
- Copyright Policy
- All required coursework for VSU/GOML courses may be subject to submission to SafeAssign plagiarism detection software, a tool in the BlazeVIEW course management system that reviews texts and text databases for similarities. For more information on the use of SafeAssign at VSU see SafeAssign for Students.
- If dismissed from the program, a student may not be enrolled for two semesters. Application for readmission may be initiated during the second semester, starting with discussing readmission with advisor or Dept. Chair. Readmission is not guaranteed; prior academic performance and student conduct/disposition in the program will be considered. The academic program reserves the right to place specific conditions and contingencies on any offer of readmission.
- Dismissal Appeal Form
- Candidates must submit an application for graduation at least one semester prior to their expected graduation date.
- Application for Graduation
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) is required for graduation. No grade below a “C” will be credited toward the degree.
- Candidate must meet ALL program requirements, including those such as portfolio, capstone research project, and any special assessments, all of which should be addressed through program advisement.
We very much look forward to supporting your educational and career development goals.
Positively Impacting Learning Through Evidence-Based Practices