Stages of Progress with Minimum Grade Point Averages Required
Semester Hours Attempted at VSU
Cumulative grade-point average
A student will be placed on academic probation if, at the end of any semester while the student is in good standing, the cumulative GPA falls below the minimum specified in the table above or the semester GPA falls below 2.00. Even though the student on probation is making some progress toward graduation, it should be clearly understood that without immediate academic improvement, suspension may result.
- A student will be suspended if at the end of any term, while on academic on probation, the cumulative GPA falls below the minimum specified in the tables above, and the GPA falls below 2.00.
- A first suspension will be for one semester.
- A second suspension shall be for two academic semesters.
- A third or subsequent suspension shall result in the student's being academically dismissed from the institution for a minimum period of three years.
- A student while on suspension shall not be granted transient permission to attend another institution unless prior approval is obtained from the student's Dean at Valdosta State University.
- Only fall and spring semesters count as "sit out" semesters.
For further information regarding academic status and readmission requirements, refer to the Academic Affairs section of the VSU Undergraduate Catalog.
Classification of Student
|Senior||90 & above|
Fifteen hours per semester is a typical schedule of work for undergraduate students; however, 12 or more semester hours constitute full-time enrollment for undergraduates.