Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery
The Valdosta State University Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery is committed to providing a teaching and learning environment serving a diverse student body and local audience. The Gallery fills a unique niche in the region as a venue for exhibitions showcasing student artwork as well as art from outside the region.
Diverse exhibitions serve both the state and regional community by providing cultural enrichment and expanded educational opportunities to everyone.
Located in the Fine Arts Building (on the first floor - southwest corner), the gallery has been completely renovated and updated with state of the art lighting, sound and video systems, climate controls, security system and 'Mila' portable walls. For more information download the Gallery Floor Plan & Description (pdf)
19th Annual Juried VSU Student Competition
All currently enrolled VSU Students, regardless of major are invited to enter the Student Competition. At least $500 in awards will be announced at the opening reception Monday, March 20.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, Midnight.
· Up to 4 individual original artworks may be submitted.
· No entry fee. No late entries.
· All art is submitted as jpg (96 dpi) images through this website.
· No reproductions, copies or prints of original art allowed.
· All work must have been completed by the student while attending VSU, but need not be from an art class.
· 2-D works must be framed with a wire attached to the back or otherwise professionally presented. (See Presentation Guidelines page.)
· All media and styles of artwork are accepted, including but not limited to drawing, painting, mixed media, aqueous media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, small metals, jewelry, photography (digital and darkroom,) illustration (digital and traditional,) interior design (presentation boards, illustrations, models, etc.,) computer animation, and graphic design.
Judge and juror: Julie Guyot
Ms. Guyot graduated with her BFA in ceramics from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in 1994 and her MFA in studio art from Florida State University in 2008. She founded a community-building ceramic lending project called Take Out Project in 2012. She is a full-time studio artist and resides in Tallahassee Florida with her husband, Clayton and her dogs, Lucy and Rudy.
Questions? Contact Julie Bowland, Gallery Director email@example.com or call 229. 333.5835.
Prints and Textiles from Poland
February 13 - March 3, 2017
image: Paweł Kwiatkowski
Contact us to find out how to become a sponsor!
Student Art Gallery - FA1068
The VSU Art Department Student Gallery offers a unique venue for student/class exhibitions, installations, and collaborative ventures. A student interested in exhibiting must submit a signed gallery contract, a written proposal briefly stating the intent of the desired use of the exhibition space, and 5 images representational of their written proposal. For a group exhibition one student must assume responsibility and sign the contract, though all exhibiting student names must be listed in proposal.
- Contact Professor Julie Bowland for an application, proposal form & contract
- Download the Art Student Gallery Contract - Apply for an exhibit now!
- Check out the VSU Student Art Gallery on Facebook
Links & Initiatives
Exhibition Schedule - Archive
VSU - College of the Arts
Department of Art
Fine Arts Building
Room 1070A - 1st Floor
Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.