What is it?
Science Saturday is a fun filled morning program exploring all aspects of mathematics, science and engineering.
Programs emphasize hands-on activities that are fun, interesting and demonstrate the usefulness of science and technology.
Some examples include these activities/ demonstrations:
- Exposing Life within a Pond
- Navigating through M.C. Esher Photographs (Biography of M.C. Esher / Photo Gallery)
- Exploding Gummy Bears
- Exploding Marshmallows
When is it?
Each Science Saturday is on Saturday morning from 9:00AM - 12:00 Noon on the following dates:
- October 18, 2014 (Chemistry)
- February 28, 2015 (Physics, Astronomy. and Geosciences.)
- March 14, 2015 (Math / Computer Science)
- April 18, 2015 (Biology)
Where is it?
Location depends on the sponsoring department, but most programs will be in either the Bailey Science Building or Nevins Hall.
Want to see some photos?
Navigate and view our wonderful photo gallery at Flickr. These photographs feature behind the scenes of Science Saturday and people who participated at each event. You might even find yourself in one!