Visual Identity Guide
Effective October 2012, Valdosta State University introduced an updated visual identity program. A distinctive visual identity program is critical for Valdosta State University to maintain a clear, consistent image before its various constituencies. This Visual Identity Program (VIP) Guide is designed to assist everyone in proper use of the institution’s identity marks.
All Valdosta State University identity marks are the property of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. Federal trademark law requires that the use of any trademark be monitored in order to maintain legal claim to that mark. Board of Regents policy requires that individual institutions such as VSU assume oversight of their own marks.
The rules outlined in this publication are necessary to protect and oversee those identity marks. These visual identity rules apply to anyone who might use a Valdosta State identity mark: all colleges, schools, divisions, offices, faculty, staff, students, alumni groups, local businesses, nonprofit organizations, fraternities, sororities, printers, and all other outside vendors. The Office of Creative Services is charged with monitoring visual identity issues (including logo usage) and guiding all campus units in proper implementation. If you have any questions regarding visual identity, contact Creative Services at (229) 333-5980 for assistance. Any questions of usage or style unaddressed by this Visual Identity Program Guide are subject to review and approval by Creative Services. Thank you for your assistance.
Complete Guide - Pages 1-43 PDF
- Table of Contents- Page 1 PDF
- Preface - Page 2 PDF
- Section 1: Visual Identity Policy - Page 3 PDF
- Section 2: The Visual Identity Program - Page 4 PDF
- Section 3: Name Usage, Colors & Fonts - Pages 5-6 PDF
- Section 4: Logos, Marks, Seal & Signatures - Pages 7-15 PDF
- Section 5: Stationery - Pages 16-23 PDF
- Section 6: General Publications - Pages 24-32 PDF
- Section 7: Editorial Style -Page 33 PDF
- Section 8: University Communications - Pages 34-35 PDF
- Section 9: Advertising & Marketing - Page 36 PDF
- Section 10: Website Guide - Page 37 PDF
- Section 11: Licensing Program - Pages 38-39 PDF
- Section 12: Appendix/Supplemental - Pages 40-43 PDF