Completion of the Summer Bridge Academy does not guarantee admission to Valdosta State University. All students will be evaluated to ensure that all of the course requirements have been met, that they regularly attended class, and that they acquired and maintained the appropriate GPA.
SBA Program Requirements:
- Students must attend the Monday, June 8, 2014 Orientation session
- Students will be admitted as “undecided/undeclared” as their major
- Students will be enrolled in 8 hours of cohort-style classes (VSU 1101, COMM 1100, ENGL 1101 OR MATH 1111)
- Students must attend ALL mandatory study labs
- Students must adhere to all course policies, including but not limited to:
- Turning assignments in on time
- Check their VSU e-mail and Blazeview regularly
- Students must earn a grade of a “C” or better in ALL of their SBA courses, and they must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Students may not withdraw from any of their SBA courses
- Outside of class, students must attend 3 required academic seminars. A variety of social programs will be offered throughout the SBA semester as well
- Students will live on-campus. Please view the Freshmen Residency Policy for more information.
All of the program requirements are explained in detail in the Contract for Success.