Federal Work Study Program


The spring 2015 Federal Work-Study (FWS) has been given out. If you received the Pell grant for the 14/15 academic year you are eligible to apply for any summer &/or fall Work-Study position posted in PeopleAdmin. 

Federal Work Study Program

1) The first step in applying for FWS is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You must select “Yes” to the following question on the FAFSA: “Are you interested in being considered for work-study?”.

2) FWS is awarded (to eligible students) first come, first serve depending on when you apply for Work-Study jobs in PeopleAdmin. Priority is given to returning FWS employees & funding is limited as we only receive enough to award roughly 2% of the students who           qualify. 

3) FWS eligibility is based on established financial need. As a general rule, you must be Pell Grant eligible to qualify for FWS. Jobs are located on and off-campus and work schedules are flexible with your class schedule.

4) FWS money is not available at registration to pay your fees.  FWS awards are earned during the term. Students are paid bi-weekly (every other Friday) for actual hours worked.

5) The employing departments receive a FWS Referral & Authorization Form with the amount (per semester) that recipients are eligible to earn. Once you have been hired by a department (in PeopleAdmin) you will be contacted by the Work-Study Coordinator, Rett         Moore wemoore@valdosta.edu or the Graduate Assistant for Work-Study, Mr. Leroy Trower lrtrower@valdosta.edu

•   If you are not awarded FWS, hope is not lost! The majority of on-campus jobs for students are non-FWS positions. These "Student Assistant" jobs are also posted on PeopleAdmin. Please contact the Student Employment Office with questions regarding Student             Assistant jobs.

•   Another option for employment is via off-campus, part-time jobs in the community. Please contact Career Opportunities with questions regarding off-campus jobs.

FWS Employment Application 


      * Off-Campus Supervisor Request Form

      * Termination Form