Federal Parent Plus Loan Information
PLUS Loan Online Links
- 2013-14 Federal Direct PLUS Loan Information Sheet and Request Form (PARENT ONLY, Fall 2013 through Summer 2014)
- 2014-15 Federal Direct PLUS Loan Information Sheet and Request Form (PARENT ONLY, Fall 2014 through Summer 2015)
- Federal Aid First (excellent loan information)
- Parents, click here to apply for a Parent Plus Loan or sign your DIRECT Loan Parent master promissory note (MPN) (Parent Plus only)
Federal Parent (PLUS) Loan
The Federal Parent (PLUS) Loan is an educational loan for parents of dependent undergraduate students enrolled at least halftime. Financial need is not an eligibility requirement, but an acceptable credit rating is required. Loan eligibility is based on the Cost of Attendance minus all other aid received.
- The interest rate for all new Federal Direct (PLUS) loans are set at a fixed rate (click here for current interest rates) .
- The interest rate for all new FFELP PLUS Loans are set at a fixed rate (click here for current interest rates).
- The repayment period begins on the day the loan is disbursed. The first payment is due within 60 days of the last disbursement of funds from the PLUS loan.
- The Office of Student Accounts will distribute Federal Parent (PLUS) Loans after a Master Promissory Note is completed.
- The student financial aid application process must be completed by ALL students even if the only aid being requested is the Federal Direct Parent (PLUS) Loan.