Mission and Vision Statement
Valdosta State University Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing a safe, dynamic residential experience on campus through inclusive educational opportunities that promote:
- Personal Growth
- Student will be able to manage emotions appropriately
- Students will be able to identify and utilize appropriate campus, academic and life resources
- Students will be a productive member of community
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of balance between education, work and leisure time
- Students will develop personal identity and goals
- Students will be able to resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Students will be able to be accepting others
- Students will seek to understand viewpoints of others and appreciate the value of others’ views.
- Students will be able to engage in activities/experiences that differ from their cultural upbringing
- Students will learn to respect each other/their environment
- Leadership Development
- Students will develop healthy, effective interpersonal communication
- Students will be able to appropriately challenge unfair, unjust or uncivil behavior
- Critical Thinking
- Students will integrate concepts and principles from multiple perspectives in order to address problems and make decisions
- Students will be able to apply knowledge from the classroom
For every resident who calls Valdosta State University, HOME!
In the spirit of excellence, Valdosta State University Housing & Residence Life commits to teaching & preparing every resident in the pursuit of knowledge and growth.