Opened in 1964, Brown Hall was named in honor of Joseph M. Brown. Mr. Brown was the governor of Georgia when VSC opened its doors in 1913. It was originally an all men's dormitory. Today this facility is designated to house male and female freshmen.There are trained RAs on staff in the building to help students with their transition to college. Brown Hall is the home of a Living and Learning Community geared towards Greek Life so that they achieve their full leadership potential, while at the same time providing guidance and support for individual success and endeavors. The Brown Hall Living and Learning Community encourages meaningful connections between classroom knowledge, leadership development, civic engagement and community involvement.