About Finance and Administration
VICE PRESIDENT TRAYCEE MARTIN
Finance and Administration
The Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) is responsible for the development and administration of the annual budgets,fiscal analysis and planning; financial reporting; auxiliary services; contract administration; purchasing; facilities management; and assisting the President with strategic planning and development.
In addition to developing and implementing policies to promote and achieve financial sustainability, administrative excellence and a vigorous infrastructure for Valdosta State University the VPFA considers the cost implications of our actions, inactions and decisions.
In recent years, Valdosta State University has made significant strides towards addressing the financial challenges that have resulted from a declining enrollment and large cuts in state appropriations. Through innovative revenue generations and efficiency initiatives, operational improvements and administrative reforms our team is dedicated to collaborative partnerships that lay the foundation for an exemplary service delivery process. Finance and Administration is fully aligned with the strategic and academic priorities of the University, and each of the units within our division tasked with implementing the process necessary to achieve lasting excellence.
Five departments report to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. Each unit is guided by their individual goals and objectives to accomplish the Division mission. The nature of each unit’s business is contingent on the university’s continuous need for people, facilities, products, activities, funds, services and information. The division is singularly focused on one comprehensive goal: to maintain stewardship of the human and physical resources entrusted to us by the State of Georgia.” The results of this effort can be described in three words “accountability in action”. Accountability in action is achieved every year through the completion of three action steps: defining our division plans, implementing our plans and measuring the plan results.
Includes: 1Card Services, Bookstore, Dining Services, Parking and Transportation, and Tech Shop
2. Financial Services
Includes: Accounting, Budget Services, Payroll, Procurement, Travel and Bursary
3. Human Resources
Includes: Benefits, Classification and Compensation, Employee and Organizational Development, Employee
Administration, Retirement, Student Employment
4. Plant Operations
Includes: Campus Mail, Central Warehouse, Custodial Services, Engineering, Key/Lock Shop, Landscape and
Grounds, and Maintenance
5. Public Safety
Includes: Communications, Crime Prevention, Environmental and Occupational Safety, Investigation, Lost and
Found, Patrol, Records, and Student Security Patrol
The Division of Finance and Administration supports the Educational, Physical and Administrative environment in our learning community.
The division’s singular comprehensive goal is to maintain stewardship of the human and physical resources entrusted to us by the State of Georgia. Our specific goals are:
- Recruit, develop, and retain quality staff in an environment of shared governance across the campus community.
- Improve the Division's service quality by conducting ongoing regular assessment reviews and implementing recommendations.
- Refine the image of the division of Finance and Administration to accurately reflect the goals and mission of the Division to our internal and external constituents.
- Refine stewardship of financial resources and enhance revenue by conducting regular assessments of financial processes and policies.
- Enhance the risk management processes in each department to assess, identify and control the risk of loss to university, human, physical and fiscal resources.
The employee’s within the Finance and Administration Division hold ourselves to be:
- A cohesive, empowered team demonstrating core values of Respect, Trust, Understanding, Compassion, and Unity.
- Creators and sustainers of a supportive and professional environment.
- Catalysts of change and innovation.
S – Supportive
E – Expert
R – Respectful
V – Visionary
E – Empowered