VSU Campus Alert System Opt Out Instructions
In the event of an emergency or safety issue, Valdosta State University uses RAVE Mobile Safety to send messages to students, faculty and staff via email (@valdosta.edu), voice and SMS/text. The privacy and priority of this information will be preserved and will not be shared with third parties for commercial purposes.
The VSU Campus Alert System uses telephone numbers (voice and SMS/text) that have been entered in Banner (students) and ADP (faculty and staff) systems. All VSU email addresses (@valdosta.edu) are included in VSU emergency alerts and current students, faculty and staff will not be able to opt out of receiving email messages via the VSU email system.
VSU students, faculty and staff my choose to opt out of receiving SMS/text messages and voice calls to their personal telephone numbers; however, this is not recommended because delivery of an emergency message is usually faster via voice and SMS/text.
The office phone numbers for faculty and staff are included in the VSU Campus Alert System and will not be excluded from receiving emergency notifications.
To update voice and SMS/text numbers go to: http://www.valdosta.edu/administration/finance-admin/police/alert/
VSU Campus Alert System – Opt Out Instructions
Opt Out Procedure Students
- MyVSU (top of main VSU website) https://www.valdosta.edu/main/myvsu.php
- Username (email)
- Password: Active Directory password
- Go to Banner Registration
- Personal Information
- Create or Update your Campus Alert phone number and SMS/text (next to last from bottom)
- Primary Voice Phone Number and SMS (Text Messaging) Phone Number
- Select one of the below choices:
- The Campus Alert Numbers displayed above are correct
- I do not wish to provide a phone number for the Campus Alert notification system. I understand that my contact telephone numbers listed in Student Self Service may be used for the Campus Alert notification system.
Opt Out Procedure Faculty & Staff
If you choose to opt out of voice calls and SMS/text emergency notifications:
- Go to: https://apex.valdosta.edu/apex/f?p=493:1
- Enter Active Directory login and password
- Select "no" for voice calls and SMS/Text
Note: you can select to receive voice calls but not SMS/text or vice versa.
I would like to receive voice calls from VSU emergency alert system (select yes or no)
I would like to receive SMS/text messages from VSU emergency alert system (select yes or no)