Central Warehouse Services provides general moving services to all departments and units at Valdosta State University. It is our mission to provide exemplary service and ensure the proper relocation of personnel, materials, and equipment.
Office and Furniture Relocation Services:
- Within a department – intradepartmental moves
- Between departments – interdepartmental moves
- To a new facility or newly renovated space
Collection of surplus furniture and equipment (e.g. file cabinets, desks):
- For redistribution to another unit on campus
- For disposal or liquidation
Central Warehouse Services does not provide the following services:
- Relocation of personal property; these items must always be moved by their owner and without using University resources
- Cleaning Services - please contact Building Services at (229)333-5875
- Maintenance Services - please contact Building Maintenance at (229)333-5875
- Recycling Services - please contact Building Services at (229)333-5875
- Technology Relocation - please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at (229)245-4357
All Move Requests begin with a work order request submitted through TMA Work Request web form. When submitting a request, please include a detailed list of the work to be performed and a contact person (Email and phone number).
Including the following information in your TMA Work Request will assist Central Warehouse Services in planning, preparing, and scheduling your move:
- A detailed list of all personnel to be moved
- A detailed list of all furniture to be moved
- A count of all file boxes or and other boxes to be move
It is also suggested that departments designate a Move Coordinator for their moves. This person will serve as the primary point of contact between Central Warehouse Services and the customer department for the duration of move.
In order to properly execute a move, Central Warehouse Services needs sufficient time to review, plan, and organize your move. Most moves require an on-site inspection and an evaluation of the work to be performed. Work should be requested as far in advance as possible, with the following minimum lead times:
- Small Moves - 10 or less faculty/staff - a minimum of 10 business days before your anticipated move date.
- Large Moves - More than 10 faculty/staff- a minimum of 20 business days before your anticipated move date.
If you have any questions about Moving Services, please contact the Travis Dular, the Assistant Director for Central Warehouse Services at (229)259-2535 or Courtney Wilkes, the Logistics Operation Assistant at (229)333-5958.