Faculty & Staff Resources
To employ an on-campus student assistant, the following steps must be completed:
- Read the Student Supervisor Handbook.
- Post the job opportunity to the HR PeopleAdmin website.
- Interview and select a student who meets eligibility requirements as outlined in the Student Supervisor Handbook.
- Send the potential student employee to the Student Employment Office to retrieve payroll information and forms.
- Complete the “Hiring Department” section.
- Return all applicable payroll forms to the Student Employment Office (Note: This must be completed by your new student assistant.).
Please be aware that all on-campus student employment opportunities need to be posted to the HR PeopleAdmin site.
Valdosta State University (VSU) provides the following handbooks and User Guide as a reference for the conduct of student employment. These on-line policy and procedure documents are meant to support students and those who wish to employ student assistants while they are enrolled at VSU. Please refer to this manual for guidance, direction, and resources to assist you.
- Student Supervisor Handbook
- Student Assistant Handbook - (English or Spanish)
- PeopleAdmin User Guide
Please go to the Employee & Organizational Development webpage to see the list of training courses offered.