Policies and Procedures
Human Resources policy is to follow the policies and procedures as outlined by the University System of Georgia. The purpose of the Human Resources Administrative Practice Manual is to define those policies and procedures that affect and apply to the various types of employees of Valdosta State University. The information contained herein is derived directly from the Board of Regents Policy Manual, Section 800, Personnel, Section 300, Academic Affairs, and the USG BOR Human Resources Administrative Practices Manual, as authorized by the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia by virtue of the delegated authority from the Board of Regents.
The manual provides information about working conditions, employee benefits, and policies affecting employment. No manual can anticipate every circumstance or question that may arise in an employment situation. As Valdosta State University continues to develop, change and grow, the need may arise and the University reserves the right to revise, supplement, or rescind any portion of the manual from time to time as it deems appropriate, at its sole and absolute discretion.
VSU Human Resources Administrative Practices Manual
- Introduction (PDF)
- Section 800.00_Recruitment & Employment (PDF)
- Section 801.00_Payroll (PDF)
- Section 802.00_Leave (PDF)
- Section 803.00_Employee Benefits (PDF)
- Section 804.00_Working Conditions (PDF)
- Section 805.00_University Services (PDF)
- Section 806.00_Employee & Employer Relations (PDF)
- Section 807_Public Safety (PDF)