News and Events
November is Open Enrollment month at VSU.
Open Enrollment for 2015 benefits begins on Monday, November 3 and concludes on Friday, November 14, 2014. Click on the open enrollment link in the left column to learn more!
The information on this page will help you prepare for the 2015 election of Benefits. These benefits will go into effect as of January 1, 2015.
- Open Enrollment is Monday, November 3 through Friday, November 14.
- Remember, you are required to enroll in your benefits during Open Enrollment even if you don't want to make changes.
- Tobacco Surcharge - $75 per month tobacco surcharge will apply to spouses and dependent children 18+ enrolled in the healthcare plan per tobacco user. Active employees default to tobacco user if they do not enroll for benefits during open enrollment. $75 per month will be added to the premium. Employee can certify at any time during the year as a non-tobacco user. The surcharge will be removed at the first of the next month - No refunds will be given. Retirees may certify on-line or may complete the paper form otherwise they will default to same as 2014.
- Text USG 26316 to sign up for text message update.
Ways to prepare:
- View the 2015 Benefits page.
- View the information on the USG website -www.usg.edu/hr/benefits/oe
- Download the comparison guide
- Attend the Benefits and Wellness Fair on Tuesday, November 4 from 10AM to 2PM in the Student Union Ballrooms (3rd Floor)
- Attend an info session during one of the following times:
- 9:30-10:30 AM, Thursday, October 30, Student Union Theatre (Main Campus)
- 2:30-3:30 PM, Thursday, October 30, Physical Plant
- 1:00-2:00 PM, Friday, October 31, Physical Plant
Open Enrollment is also a time to elect to participate in the Shared Sick Leave Pool and to donate hours.
We have two local plan options as well - Legal Plan and Aflac Supplemental Insurance.
- Legal Plan Brochure and PowerPoint
- Aflac offers 3 policies: Cancer, Accident, and Critical Care. Rates may vary by age so they would need to contact us to know the rate and to sign up. There is no online enrollment for Aflac. Aflac benefits pay home to you not the doctor which helps take care of deductible and pays you to get a wellness check-up.
- For more information contact Aflac Representative - Glen Sturgis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 229-251-3995 or Brittany Bruce, email@example.com, 229-506-1208.
- Learn more by speaking with a representative during the following times:
The USG Shared Services Center has provided a handout with instructions on how to access ADP and go through the online Benefits election process. You may download this handout. The SSC will also extend business hours beginning Monday, November 3, 2014. The extended hours are located below. Shared Services can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (478) 240-6500.
Open Lab Assistance:
Human Resources professionals will be in the Odum Library Computer Lab 3270 on Wednesday, November 5 from 9:00-10:30 AM and 2:30-4:00 PM to provide any needed assistance with electing benefits using the ADP portal.