Administrative Assistant Certificate Program
Please register for the Administrative Assistant Certificate Program (AACP) by completing the application and returning the form to our office.
The Administrative Assistant Certificate Program (AACP) is a two-track certification process designed for all levels of administrative assistants to learn best practices and develop skills that will be beneficial in their current position. The Professional Certificate includes 9 fundamental courses that are of high interest and beneficial to administrative assistants in their current service areas. The Specialist Certificate includes 9 specialized courses intended for specific administrative job functions and continuous professional growth.
The AACP was developed based on input provided by administrative assistants and supervisors. The AACP courses are delivered in a combined format which includes face-to-face, online training (BlazeView), and online self-paced tutorials (Microsoft Skills) to provide the best learning opportunities while having minimal impact on the working day. Several classes are offered each semester, whereas some classes are available “on demand” via BlazeView. The Microsoft Skills tutorials are available online for the students to access at their convenience.
This is formulated to be a two-year program, with all your required courses and electives having been taken within two years of your application to the program.
- Navigating the Personality Maze
- Organization and Time Management
- Exploration of Diversity - Introduction
- Campus P.R.I.D.E.
- University Policies & Procedures
- Professional Image & Success at Work
- Microsoft Skills – Level 1
- Adobe Acrobat and Online Forms
- Career Planning & Development
- Proofreading & Grammar Review
- Who Moved My Cheese
- Conflict & Collaboration
- Assertiveness Communication
- Managing Student Workers
- Business Writing & Minute Taking
- The Secrets to Being Happy at Work
- Exploration of Diversity - Advanced
- Microsoft Skills – Level 2
If you have any questions, please call our office at 259-5105, or send us a message.