Welcome to the Conflict Resolution Program
Welcome to the web pages for CRC, VSU's Campus Resolution Committee. We hope you find these pages useful as you learn more about how VSU's conflict resolution program is a primary resource that you can utilize to help resolve campus disputes. Whether you are a student, faculty, or staff member, these resources are available to you.
Conflict can occur for many reasons such as lack of information, misinformation and misunderstanding, or differences in interests, personality, and ways of seeing things. At times conflict can be positive and its resolution can result in better ideas and ways of doing things. But unresolved conflict can grow into more serious disputes. If this occurs, you may want to seek our services in conflict coaching, mediation, or conflict management training. Find out more by contacting VSU's Campus Conflict Resolution Liaison's Dr. Martha Laughlin or Mrs. Rebecca Murphy or one of our committee members.
VSU's Conflict Resolution Committee Goals
- Maintain a diverse committee that is representative of the administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Educate on the availability of mediation and conflict coaching services and make accessible to all members of the campus community.
- Review policies and procedures and, where appropriate, incorporate mediation and conflict coaching as options to resolve disputes.
- Provide training to increase awareness of protecting human dignity, fostering communication, reducing violence, and resolving conflict.
- Obtain administrative support and funding for programming that leads to a positive and healthy work environment.
- Partner with other campus entities and outside resources to offer cutting edge professional development and research opportunities in the field of mediation and conflict resolution.
- Maintain confidentially of all parties involved in a dispute.