Welcome, Parents and Families!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Valdosta State University campus for Commencement. Our celebrations takes place May 5th and 6th.
All family members and guests are welcome at all Commencement ceremonies. If you or a member of your party need any disability assistance, we can help. Contact the Access Office or call (229)-245-2498.
Tickets are not required for any Commencement ceremony.
Know Before You Go
- Sign up for Commencement Text Alerts
- No umbrellas are allowed during the Undergraduate ceremony
- Book your accommodations as early as possible
- No tickets are required for Graduate School ceremony
- Take care of any disabled guests needs - GO
- Remember to bring your Commencement Handbook with you
- Graduate degrees (including Masters, Specialists and Doctoral) will be awarded at the 7:00pm ceremony on May 5th at the PE Complex.
- Undergraduate degrees (including Associates and Bachelors) will be awarded at the 7:00pm ceremony on the front lawn on May 6th.
- Commencement Attire:
- Men usually wear business casual or suits
- Women wear dresses or skirts. High-heeled shoes are discouraged because of walking on sidewalks, brick walkways and grass (especially in wet weather conditions).