Welcome, Parents and Families!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Valdosta State University campus for Commencement. Our celebrations takes place December 9th and 10th.
All family members and guests are welcome at all Commencement ceremonies. If you or a member of your party need any disability assistance, we can help. Contact the Access Office or call (229)-245-2498.
Tickets are not required for any Commencement ceremony.
Know Before You Go
- No umbrellas are allowed during the Undergraduate ceremony
- Book your accommodations as early as possible
- No tickets are required for any ceremony
- Take care of any disabled guest needs - GO
- Remember to bring your Commencement Handbook with you
- Undergraduate degrees (including Associates and Bachelors) will be awarded at the 5:00pm ceremony on the front lawn on December 10th. Graduate degrees (including Masters, Specialists and Doctoral) will be awarded at the 7:00pm ceremony on December 9th at the PE Complex.
- Commencement Attire:
- Men usually wear business casual or suits
- Women wear dresses or skirts. High-heeled shoes are discouraged because of walking on grass (especially in wet weather conditions).