This webpage connects you to resources to assist you in your research.
Valdosta State University's Odum Library Homepage
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help
- With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
- Locate books in the Odum Library
- ILL (Inter-Library Loan)
Print Reference Materials
You will find print reference sources in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove." Please ask the Reference Librarian on duty at the reference desk for assistance in finding materials.
An example of a print reference resource:
Online Reference Sources
Databases to search for Scholarly Articles
- Go to the library home page.
- Click on the Articles tab, if it is not already selected.
- Click the arrow for the drop menu located under Articles & Databases by Subject to reach subject pages for VSU majors. For instance, you'll find links to many databases for Psychology have links on the Psychology subject page.
- Use Ulrich's to determine if a journal is refereed (peer reviewed). Look for the referee's shirt!
- If you have a citation, use the black "journals" tab at the Odum Library homepage to search for that title.
Recommended Databases for Psychology
- Specific Databases
- PsycINFO (psychology)
- SocINDEX and Sociological Collection (sociology and social issues)
- Dissertations & Theses
NOTE: You will need to login through Anywhere Access or know the GALILEO password if you are off campus.
Help with getting articles full-text or in print
Other Skills and Resources
Please click the question mark (below) to enter the Quiz.