- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page brings together every possible way to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help
- With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
Job Titles, Descriptions, and Outlooks:
- 101 Careers in Nursing--Reference book about nursing careers, located in Odum Library Reference, call # REF RT82 .A15 2003.
- O*Net OnLine Primary source of occupational information for the United States.
- Occupational Employment Statistics From the U.S. Department of Labor, this site provides estimates for number of people employed and wages paid for more than 800 occupations.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Also from the U.S. Department of Labor, the OOH describes not only job requirements, wages, and prospects, but also what people spend time doing on the job and customary working conditions. Also available in print by request at the Odum Library Reference Desk, call number READY REF HF5381.A1 O362.
Research Strategies & Guides
- GIL-Find@VSU—searches for books and other materials by keyword, title, author, subject, and other fields.
- GIL-Find Tutorial (guide)
- GIL Universal Catalog—expands the Classic GIL@VSU catalog to search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 3-6 days.
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)
- The GIL Universal Catalog allows you to search for library books across the University System of Georgia. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 2-5 days.
- WorldCat is a catalog for library holdings throughout the world. You can search for a particular book here and find detailed information about it, which you can then use for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) forms. While using this FirstSearch version of WorldCat, you can click on the "Find It" button within a record and then send WorldCat information to our ILL system automatically.
- eBooks The box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by ebrary, EBSCOhost, and Safari.
Finding Articles about Nursing and Medicine using Library Databases
Finding Articles using Multidisciplinary and Newspaper Databases
Retrieving the Articles
- Locating bound & current print journals in Odum Library
Resources for Information about Business and Industry
Community and Economic Resources (United States)
- U.S. Census Bureau The starting point for statistics and analysis of how people live in the United States: national, regional, state, and local information about population, income, housing, employment, business, and more.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics State Resources Links to each state's employment and labor information sites.
- Best Places to Live From CityRating.com, information about and cost comparison estimates between cities throughout the United States.