Planning Your Search
The following tutorials are here to help you construct a research topic, plan out your search strategy, and get you ready for an effective database search.
- Mapping Your Topic
- If you have a good idea for what you want to research, the best thing to start with is a visual map of your research topic. This way, if needed, you can narrow your topic, create keywords, and identify related terms.
- Search Tips: Boolean Operators and More
- Get accustomed to the more advanced commands (called "operators") in scholarly databases.
- Constructing Your Search Strategy
- After you have your topic mapped and know all about operators, this worksheet will help you write out your search strategy.