Odum Library, dedicated in 1972, is the center of academic life for the campus. In August of 1990, the library was renamed the Gertrude Gilmer Odum Library after Gertrude Gilmer Odum who was a major benefactor of the University and Professor Emerita of English. Housing approximately 567,133 bound volumes, the library is staffed with trained librarians to lend every assistance to students and faculty. The library also contains 2,944 current periodicals and newspapers and a microform collection of over a million units. In 2004, a new addition opened, doubling the size of the library and adding an Internet Café, an auditorium, additional computer labs, classrooms, and a new archives section. The Internet Café is open to students, faculty and staff of VSU 137 hours per week and the Library is open 105 hours per week. (Go to Hours)
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun 12 pm - 2 am * Mon-Thu 8 am - 2 am * Fri 8 am - 9 pm Sat 12 pm - 8 pm