- The Library encourages faculty to participate in the building of the Library collections.
- Every academic department has a Departmental Coordinator who manages order requests for his or her department.
- Faculty should send Library orders to the Departmental Coordinator.
- At a minimum, the following information should be included in the order: Title, First Author, ISBN, and Date or Edition.
- Choice Cards are regularly distributed to Departments. If you are not seeing these, but would like to review them, please contact your Departmental Coordinator.
Instructions to Department Coordinators
- We will no longer be using BlazeView to upload files.
- Orders may simply be emailed to your Library Liaison, please cc the Acquisitions Librarian.
- A simplified Excel form for gathering orders is available here. Excel is preferred to other formats (for instance, Word or Access).
- Items may be rush-ordered to expedite receipt and processing.
- It you would like an item rushed, please make that known at the time the order is placed.
- Please be sure to check the Odum Library A-Z list before placing periodical requests. We may already have online access to the title.
- The deadline for placing periodical orders is May 1st of each year. Subscriptions begin the following January.
- Because of the ongoing commitment of a periodical subscription, most departments have policies governing new subscriptions. Both the Library Coordinator and the Department Head need to approve new subscriptions.
- Periodicals are generally available in both print and online formats. Make your preference known at the time of your order. For help with pricing information, contact your Library Liaison.