Welcome to the Kings Bay Center
Welcome to Valdosta State University at Kings Bay
Valdosta State University has been providing academic services to the military, their family members and the community that supports the mission of the base since 1983.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT KINGS BAY:
Aug 8 Fee Payment Deadline for Early Registration
Aug 14 Fall Registration resumes
Aug 18 Fall 2014 A Term Starts
Sep 1 LABOR DAY - Classes will be hybrid / Office Closed
Sep 8 - 11 Mid Term - Withdrawal from class until 11:59 on 11th
Oct 9 Last Day for Term A
Oct 13 Fall 2014 B Term Starts
Oct 3 - 6 Mid Term - Withdrawal from class until 11:59 on 6th
Nov 11 VETERANS DAY - Classes will be hybrid / Office Closed
Nov 24-28 THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY - No Classes (Office will be open Mon & Tues)
Dec 11 Fall 2014 B Term last day
MON - FRI 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Advisement Appointments: 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Coming Onto Base
Background Check needed prior to coming onto Base! New Background Form now available!
Please Note for Weekend Classes:
**Allow at least 1 week prior to coming onto base for your approval to get back. If you are attending a Friday night class your background consent form should be in our office no later than the Friday morning the week prior! It has to have time to process before the first weekend that you will be attending class. The earlier the better! Please call our office if you have any questions! Check with Anji Sturgill to see if your "Background Consent" has been received and approved. Office phone 912-882-6573
The Pass & ID closes at 3:00 pm on Friday so plan to pick up your "Base Pass" no later than 2:30pm on Friday. You should plan to arrive early in order to receive your badge for entering the base the first night of class.
You Need the Following Information to Drive on Base!
Don't forget Background Approval needs to be renewed each year!
1. Current / Valid Driver’s License
2. Current proof of vehicle insurance
3. Registration to the vehicle that is being driven on base
(PDF document, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) New Form 5/28/2014
* Backgrounds approved prior to March 1, 2014 must be resubmitted.
You may fax the request form to the office using this fax number 912-882-9566.
Hurricane Season starts June 1, 2014. Be Prepared!
Base Access -
VSU - Kings Bay will take the following actions in Case of Emergency or Inclement Weather Updates:
If classes are canceled we will attempt to post information on the web page as quickly as possible.
- Inclement Weather:
- If there is inclement weather such as an afternoon storm, classes will be held unless the base closes the gate.
- Tropical Storm Watch / Warning & Hurricane warning / watches will be at the decision of the base and local emergency management to determine if classes will be held or not.
- Base Closure: (Periodically the base will close the gate for training.)
- Check both gates, if you arrive at the gate at 5:30 or later, then you will be considered absent from your class. Classes start at 5:30, getting through the gate is comparable to driving through peak traffic times.
- It would be to your benefit to check back at each gate to see if the gates have reopened and will allow you to access.
- Remember, Give Yourself Ample Time to Arrive Promptly to your Class.
(This immediate update may not be available for classes meeting on Saturday).