TOEFL and SAT Information
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a test used to measure whether you have the appropriate language skills to do university/college work conducted in English. TOEFL is divided into 4 sections, each one measures your ability to do the following:
- Listening – understand English as it is spoken in North America.
- Structure– recognize language that is appropriate for standard written English.
- Reading – understand non-technical reading matter.
- Writing – write in English on an assigned topic.
iBT and PBT are TOEFL test formats. iBT means internet based test and PBT means paper based testing.
For more information on the the different test formats, please go to the following pages:
SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) is a college admission test that lets you show colleges in the US what you know and how well you can apply that knowledge. It tests your knowledge on the following:
- Reading - includes reading passages and sentence completions
- Writing - includes a short essay and multiple choice questions on identifying errors and improving grammar and usage
- Math - includes questions on arithmetic operations, algebra, geometry, statistics and probability.
- TOEFL iBT - 69
- TOEFL PBT - 523
- SAT - Combined score of at least 900 (430 in Critical Reading and 400 in Math)
No. You only need to have a satisfactory score for TOEFL or SAT
For the SAT, you can choose to have them send a copy of your scores to Valdosta State University for you. All you'd have to do is provide the school code: 5855 during registration.
For the TOEFL, you can choose to have them send a copy of your scores automatically to Valdosta State University, just provide the school code: 5855, or search for "Valdosta State University" during registration.
204 Georgia Ave
Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
M - TR 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 30 AprLast Class Day for Spring12:00 am - 11:00 pm
- 01 MayFinal Exams8:00 am - 11:00 pm
- 05 MayOfficial Graduation Date for Spring 1812:00 am - 11:00 pm