Online Course Formats - General Information
- Programs are all open enrollment, asynchronous, and interactive.
- Instructors are actively involved in the students' online learning experience.
- Grades are a combination of computer-graded tests and instructor evaluation of the students' work.
- Demonstrations are available for many of the available certificate programs.
- Once you decide on a certificate program:
- Call VSU Continuing Education Department at 229-245-6484 to register and receive additional instructions OR
- Register online
- Any course materials will be shipped usually within 3 - 5 business days.
- You will have access to the course until you complete it (typically within 6 months); however, if you need more time extensions are available.
- Upon satisfactory completion, you will be awarded a certificate from Valdosta State University indicating the continuing education credits (CEUs) earned.
> ALLEGRA ACCREDITED CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS - FORMAT
- Convenient access 24/7.
- Each program contains 5-8 lessons, generally representing 14 - 40 contact hours.
- After completing the orientation process, you will have access to all lessons required for that particular program.
- You may take the courses in any order.
- You will have access to the courses for a period of six weeks.
- To fulfill certification requirements you must complete the final exam(s) associated with each program at an 80% or higher level.
- Upon successful completion a certificate from ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC will be sent to you. Valdosta State University will send a course transcript upon request.
- The certificate programs, were developed specifically by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC for continuing education programs. The courses have been accredited by American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This accreditation is accepted in all U.S. states except Iowa. These courses will fulfill continuing education requirements for many types of health care professionals.
Please note: Certificates for healthcare certificate programs accredited by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC will be issued to students by ALLEGRA upon successful completion (80% or higher) for each program module.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC was awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Accreditation Program.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions courses are acceptable for CE contact hours in all states.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 14693, for the stated number of contact hours.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences Provider Number PCE 1564. This course meets the qualifications for the stated hours of continuing education credit for MFCCs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions courses are approved for continuing education credit for diabetes educators. All ANCC accredited courses are accepted for continuing education credit by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE).
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Provider Number 451562-11
- GES (ed2go) policy on refunds for Career Training Programs is that there are no refunds once the course is accessed either by requesting materials or viewing lessons.
- The majority of GES programs can be completed within 90 to 180 days. GES will work with students until they are able to complete their program. Extensions and temporary suspensions are available.
- Students are given all materials and complete access to their entire course upon registration, so partial refunds are not an option.
Certificate programs offered through VSU Continuing Education are non-academic credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. However, there are alternatives.
- For those enrolled in our online certificate programs offered in conjunction with Ed2Go Online Career Training* (formerly Gatlin), go to http://www.gatlineducation.com/fin_aid.html for information regarding Loans and Payment Plans, Military Tuition Assistance, Government Funding, and Tax Credits
- Sallie Mae - Smart Option Student Loan* https://www.salliemae.com
- Wells Fargo - Student Loan for Career and Community Colleges* https://www.wellsfargo.com
- WIA (Workforce Investment Act)* - Contact your local WIA board or search for your local board at http://www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/wia/act.cfm