Online Course Formats - General Information
- A new section of each course starts monthly for our general classes and accredited health care certificate programs.
- Instructor-Paced courses run for six weeks, with a two-week grace period at the end.
- Access to all lessons is available until the course ends; however, the interactive discussion area accompanying each lesson will automatically close two weeks after the lesson is released.
- We strongly recommend that you complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
- Following each lesson is a short quiz on which you receive instant feedback and analysis; retake the quiz as often as necessary until you feel you have mastered the objectives.
- At the end of each course is a comprehensive exam of the materials covered. The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson.
- Once the final exam has been released, you will have an additional two weeks to complete all of your course work, including the final exam.
- Once the section completely closes (including the extension period), VSU will download the exam scores.
- Upon successful completion (70% or higher) VSU will send you a certificate showing course completion and CEUs (Continuing Education Units) awarded.
Please note: Certificates for healthcare certificate programs accredited by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC will be issued to students by ALLEGRA upon successful completion (80% or higher) for each program module.
Visit our online classroom center and course catalog to explore all of the subject areas we offer.
Open-Entry Career Training Certificate Programs
- Gain skills necessary to acquire professional caliber positions for many in-demand occupations.
- Programs are all open enrollment, asynchronous, and interactive.
- Instructors are actively involved in the students' online learning experience.
- Each program has a set of lessons and tests; grades are a combination of computer-graded tests and the instructor's evaluation of the students' work.
- Demonstrations are available for many of the available certificate programs.
- Once you decide on a certificate program simply call the VSU Continuing Education Department or complete the online registration form and mail or fax it in us.
- After your registration and payment have been received you will be sent a confirmation email from VSU.
- A Student Support Team member from Ed2Go will then contact you via email and give you the necessary information (URL, username, and password) to access your classroom.
- Within 3 - 5 business days they will ship you the appropriate courseware and your instructor will be alerted that he/she has a new student.
- After you have received your materials, you will then have access to the course until you complete it. Most of the courses are structured to be completed within 6 months, however, if you need more time extensions are available.
- Upon satisfactory completion on the program you will be awarded a certificate from Valdosta State University indicating the continuing education credits (CEUs) earned.
- GES (ed2go) policy on refunds for Career Training Programs is that there are no refunds once the course is accessed either by requesting materials or viewing lessons.
- The majority of GES programs can be completed within 90 to 180 days. GES will work with students until they are able to complete their program. Extensions and temporary suspensions are available.
- Students are given all materials and complete access to their entire course upon registration, so partial refunds are not an option.
Certificate programs offered through VSU Continuing Education are non-academic credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. However, there are alternatives.
- For those enrolled in our online certificate programs offered in conjunction with Ed2Go Online Career Training* (formerly Gatlin), go to http://www.gatlineducation.com/fin_aid.html for information regarding Loans and Payment Plans, Military Tuition Assistance, Government Funding, and Tax Credits
- Sallie Mae - Smart Option Student Loan* https://www.salliemae.com
- Wells Fargo - Student Loan for Career and Community Colleges* https://www.wellsfargo.com
- WIA (Workforce Investment Act)* - Contact your local WIA board or search for your local board at http://www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/wia/act.cfm