Programs for Children and Teens
Your kids will have fun while learning in our week-long summer day camps! Camp Discovery provides opportunities for individuals age 5 and up to make friends and grow through age-appropriate enrichment activities. All camps are designed to be fun for participants, as well as to improve academic, artistic, and/or physical skills.
Camp Discovery takes place for 9 weeks each year beginning the week of Memorial Day. Most activities are held Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Some afternoon camps will be available. Weekly fees start at $85 and vary based on the cost of the activities. An afternoon “Rec Room” program, offering facilitated activities and learning experiences, is also available from 1-4 pm each afternoon for an extra charge. A supervised lunch break is available for those attending a camp in the morning and the Rec Room or another camp in the afternoon (lunch not provided).
VSU Continuing Education conducts semi-private swimming lessons for children 3 and older. Classes will meet each day for one week and will be held at the VSU Student Recreation Center Indoor Pool! The pool is heated to maintain a temperature of 82 degrees. Classes will be taught by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors.
- Lessons are available for ages 3 and up (must be fully toilet-trained). There is no upper age limit.
- Class size is limited to 3 students.
- Classes consist of five 35-minute sessions during one week for $65. (Week of June 30 - July 3 is a 4-day week for $54.)
- Morning and evening sessions are available.
- Classes are broadly grouped into Non-Swimmers and Swimmers. (Call us at 229-245-6484 for definitions and complete information.)
- Sessions for ages 12 - Adult will be available for beginners and those with elementary skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the limited space available for each session, registrations for time slots will not be accepted via email, fax, or regular mail. Walk in and telephone registrations only, please! Payment must accompany registration; we cannot reserve spots in swimming sessions until payment is received.