How do I get more information?

Call our office at 229.245.6484, email us at continuinged@valdosta.edu, or check our website frequently as new courses are added in between issues of Edvantages.

Do I have to apply through VSU to take Continuing Education classes?

No. Our classes are open to the public and our registration process is simple. Register early to ensure you have a spot in your class.

How do I register?

Continuing Education has four easy ways to register for our programs - online, phone, mail, or in person. Payment may be made by MasterCard/VISA/Discover, cash, check or purchase order.

How will I know if the course is confirmed or canceled?

A confirmation receipt will be mailed or emailed to you upon processing your registration. If a course is canceled or changed you will be called or emailed.

What about books and materials for classes?

It will be noted in the course description if books or other supplies are included or must be purchased by the student.

What is the refund/cancellation policy?

Unless otherwise stated in the course description or on the course registration information page, full refunds minus $5 or 5%, whichever is greater, will be given by contacting the Continuing Education office at 229.245.6484 at least three working days prior to the beginning of the program. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than three working days prior to the beginning of a class, but registrants may send a substitute. No partial refunds will be given for classes missed. For classes canceled by Valdosta State University, registrants will be issued a full refund.

Where will the course be held?

Except where noted, courses are held at the Regional Center for Continuing Education, 903 N Patterson Street. The location will be printed on your confirmation receipt.

What about parking?

The bottom of the receipt is your temporary parking permit. Your temporary parking permit allows you to park in any legal spot except Handicapped or Service Vehicle. Please place your parking pass on the driver’s side of the dashboard. Vehicles without visible permits are subject to ticketing regardless of the time of day or day of the week.          

What is a CEU?

A Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a standardized method of recording participation in continuing education classes designed to improve occupational skills or knowledge. One CEU equals 10 actual classroom hours. Anyone completing a course or workshop awarding CEUs will receive a CEU certificate. CEU transcripts are available on request (records maintained for 20 years). CEUs cannot be converted to academic credit hours. Many occupations require a certain number of CEUs each year. Check with your occupation's licensing agency to find out if a particular course will meet your requirements.

What is a PLU?

A PLU (Professional Learning Unit) is the method for recording credit toward teacher re-certification. Courses marked as available for PLUs have been approved by the State of Georgia Professional Standards Commission. As with CEUs, one PLU stands for ten contact/learning activity hours. 

Where can I get more information about online classes?

Click here for general information regarding our 6-week instructor-paced online classes and our open-entry Career Training Certificate Programs. For a list of FAQs specific to our Career Training Certificate Programs, click here.

Do you accept the HOPE Scholarship?

No. The Hope Scholarship is not applicable to non-credit courses.

Is Financial Aid available?

Participants in certain career and professional development courses through VSU Continuing Education may be eligible for financial aid from the following educational loan providers.

Please contact the organizations directly:

  • The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training. It can be used for technical training or trade school, distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and certain related expenses.

  • The provider of our online Career Training Programs provide a loan opportunity for students. Simply go to Financial Assistance to apply for an easier qualifying loan at a slightly higher rate. Please note, these loans are only available for the online Career Training Programs available through ed2go.

  • For Employers: Georgia Tax Retraining Credit - www.dtae.org/econdev/retrain.html