The Center for eLearning offers the following instructor-led workshops available to faculty and staff. To register for these workshops please visit the:
Employee and Organizational Training Database.
- BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW 101: Introduction to D2L Brightspace
- BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW 10.X: Gradebook
- BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW 10.X: Building Courses
- BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW 10.X: Assessment Tools
- BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW 10.X: Troubleshooting: When things go wrong, how to get help
- What's New in D2L?
- Intro to Qualtrics Survey Tool
- Response System Workshop (Clickers)
- Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate
- Advanced Tools in Blackboard Collaborate
This workshop will serve as an introduction to the Integrated Learning Platform D2L Brightspace (Referred to locally as BlazeVIEW if you teach for VSU or GOVIEW if you teach for a collaborate program). This workshop will cover some Brightspace basics, including:
- Logging into the System
- Exploring the System’s Various Features
- Creating Course Content
- Managing Course Offerings
- An Overview of the More Widely Used Tools
May 18th, 10-11:30am, Online Webconference
July 26th, 1-2:30pm, Odum Library Room 2633
This workshop covers setting up and using the Gradebook in BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW.
- Participants will be able to setup a complete basic Gradebook in Brightspace.
- Participants will be able to enter grades and feedback in Gradebook.
- Participants will have a basic understand of how Gradebook works in Brightspace.
July 14th, 3-4:30pm, Online Webconference
This workshop will cover how to use the various BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW course builder tools to create your course content, show you how to add and organize content, and will introduce you to Instructional Design Wizard.
- Participants will be able to use the basic course builder tools to design and build their course content.
- Participants will be able to edit their course content. Participants will be able to add and organize content to their course.
- Participants will have overview knowledge of the Instructional Design Wizard.
This workshop with cover the basics of creating student assessment items including working with the Dropbox, Quizzes, and Discussion boards.
- Participants will be able to create and use a Dropbox in Brightspace.
- Participants will be able to create and use a Quiz in Brightspace.
- Participants will be able to create and use a Discussion board in Brightspace.
In this workshop we will cover the various resources users have to obtain help with their BlazeVIEW/GoVIEW questions as well as cover some basic troubleshooting tips. This session will cover using the D2L Helpcenter, the various Help guides, and clarify which numbers to call for over the phone assistance. This session will also discuss some of the more common user errors that instructors can encounter and how to deal with them or avoid them all together.
Introduction to Qualtrics Survey Tool (Workshop Option)
Qualtrics is the new web-based survey tool which facilitates survey creation, distribution and data monitoring/collection. The survey tool is available to all faculty, staff and students. This introductory course will cover the following:
- Creating a basic survey
- Adding items to the survey
- Overview of the different question-types
- Adding display logic to the survey
- Adding skip logic to the survey
- Adding collaborators to the survey
- Changing default settings
- Options for distributing the survey
- Viewing the survey results
- Qualtrics best practices
- Qualtrics online resources and training available
June 22nd, 2-4pm, Online Webconference
Introduction to Qualtrics Survey Tool (Open Session Option)
During the open session faculty, staff, and students can come to the eLearning computer lab (Odum Suite 2621) and ask for assistance with a survey they are currently building.
Registration is not required. Just show up anytime within the open hours listed.
This session is designed for faculty who have signed up to be using Student Response Systems (clickers) in the Summer and Fall 2014 semester for the first time. The fundamentals of successfully incorporating Student Response Systems (clickers) into the classroom, navigating the Turning Technologies software, creating PowerPoint presentations/questions, and using the D2L integration will be covered during this orientation. We will go over common best recommended practices, available resources, and answer any questions you might have regarding teaching with this technology.
Blackboard Collaborate is Blackboard’s replacement for Wimba Classroom. Blackboard collaborate has already been released in D2L for Fall 2014, but starting Spring 2015 it will completely replace Wimba as D2L’s web conferencing tool.
Blackboard Collaborate is a fully-featured, live, virtual classroom solution that includes audio, video, text chat, content display, and session archiving. Its pedagogical design and ease-of-use ensures that educators and students engage as if they were meeting face-to-face. Come learn about the new tool replacing Wimba Classroom and learn how to setup a Blackboard Collaborate session in your own D2L class, using the basics tools of the system, such as sharing audio, video, and content, as well as other basic features such as archiving a session.
June 7th, 2-3:30pm, Odum Library 2621 (Center for eLearning Computer Lab)
July 6th, 3-4:30pm, Odum Library 2621 (Center for eLearning Computer Lab)
This workshop is meant for users already experienced in using Blackboard Collaborate and will not cover any of the basics of using Blackboard Collaborate. It is assumed that attendees are already familiar and comfortable with using Blackboard Collaborate.
This session will cover some of the more advanced features of Blackboard Collaborate including:
• The Quiz tool
• Breakout rooms
• Saving and adding Whiteboard Content
• and other tips, features, and techniques
June 21st, 2-3:30pm, Odum Library 2621 (Center for eLearning Computer Lab)
*This Webconference session will be held via a system called Blackboard Collaborate. A headset and internet access are required to participate. A link to the session will be sent out directly to participants prior to the session start date/time.