Financial Resources for Adult Learners
The VSU Financial Aid Office is the first place to start for information about grants, work-study, loans, scholarships, and VA benefits to help defer the cost of attending college. The VSU Financial Aid website includes financial aid applications, eligibility and deadline information.
No matter your financial status, all adult, military, veteran, and professional students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The form is relatively easy to complete online and permits stopping and returning to the site as needed to complete the application. Also, an assessment is usually sent to the applicant on the same day. In addition to being the first step in gauging your eligibility for grants, loans, or other financial assistance, the form gathers information helpful in capturing the number of adults and military/veteran students attending VSU. This information guides the university in providing adequate services for its student population, including nontraditional students.
More VSU sources...
Other Helpful links...
- Georgia 1% Student Access Loan Program (Georgia residents)
- Service Cancelable Loans (Available to Georgia residents for "critical need" fields in military and engineering.)
- Portal for Student Loans at GAcollege411.org
- Georgia Department of Veterans Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Financial Aid Planning at GACollege411.org
- Financial aid for older and nontraditional students at FinAid.org
- Government benefits, grants and financial aid at USA.gov
- Military spouse resources
- Military spouse MyCAA educational program
We're here to help...
Contact us with your questions, concerns or suggestions by email at AMP@valdosta.edu or by phone at 229-257-4163. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday.